• RCN Russia
  • Spinhenge ESL
  • Docking@Home
  • BOINC Pentathlon 2019
  • SETI@Home Intel-Race II
  • THOR Challenge 2020
  • BOINC Pentathlon 2021
  • BOINC Pentathlon 2023
DigiTimes hat während der Computex ein Interview mit Henri Richard, AMDs Vizepräsident und <i>chief sales and marketing officer</i>, geführt und nun den ersten Teil veröffentlicht.

Befragt wurde Richard dabei vor allem zur Unternehmenskultur von Intel, zum laufenden Prozeß und zu AMDs Verhältnis bezüglich Partnern in der Industrie.
<ul><i>"The problem Intel is wrestling with is certainly one of culture. It’s not that they’re lacking resources, but even so, their entire business model is predicated on locking up solutions and excluding anyone from participating.

There’ll be a Discovery process as part of the litigation, and I find it interesting that Intel’s first move in the litigation process was to propose that access would be denied to any wrongdoing outside the US, on the understanding that this is a US lawsuit. That tells me that Intel is very nervous about exposing some of their behavior outside the United States."</i></ul>
<b>Quelle:</b> <a href="http://www.digitimes.com/bits_chips/a20060621VL201.html" target="b">AMD breaks free: Q&A with Henri Richard, EVP AMD</a>

Link:

http://www.digitimes.com/bits_chips/a20060621VL202.html

Der beste Spruch kommt am Schluss:
A: Well, I’m not sure that Itanium is interesting for anyone, really, and I think it’s becoming less and less interesting for Intel. Maybe the salvation for Itanium is to make it socket-compatible with Opteron. That would make it an excellent candidate for a Torrenza co-processing opportunity. That’s probably the only chance it’s got!
Der Kollege hat ja ziemlich viel Chuzpe, degradiert den Itanium zum Opteron Co-Prozessor *lol*

ciao

Alex

Zurück
Oben Unten