A question

AndrewM

Commander
Renomée
Standort
Sofia, Bulgaria
Hi all,
wavey.gif

Long time since I last posted here (about 2 weeks) and since my English is a kind of jumbled state among your talks here, I really missed you all
knuddel.gif
;D

Ok, the new Glúckwunsche add-on forum is a really cool idea. As the team is constantly enlarging its membership, soon or late Sir Ulli wouldn’t be able to hand it all...;)Now there will be congrats for everyone and there will be place for everything and as we say in my country: the wolf is satisfied and the lamb is still whole;);D

I also have a question: I have the ability to add some more crunchers to the project. The problem is that most of the computers are supposed to be game PC’s by default (located in two not big game clubs in my town). I noticed on my PC ( and not only ) that when I put the seti client priority on low and run a game , the client stops crunching data and the cpu is moving all of its power on the game. When I put the priority on normal, the game is lagging:(

Is there any way to play a game and to crunch seti in the meantime without slowing down the game too much??? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Btw: I noticed that today most of our greatest crunchers haven’t dumped many results which is unusual ; Is there a big celebration in Germany due to the today’s victory over Paraguay
beerchug.gif
tuut.gif
, or it’s just a longer weekend? ;D

Best regards:
AndrewMD

Hello Andrew

is good to see you again

but with your Problen I cant help you
because I am not a Gamer*buck*

but I think that there are a lot
of Members in our Team who can help you

MFG
Sir Ulli

Hi Andrew!

I don´t think that there is a good solution for your problem. In fact, the CPU cant´t process two applications at one time while both get the full CPU power. So when you play a game, seti has to wait because the game needs all the CPU power. If seti takes some of the power (as it does if you set the priority to low) there is not enough left for the game, so it lags.
The problem could be solved by giving the game exactly the amount of CPU power it needs and giving the rest to seti. This doesn´t work, because there is not priority setting between low and idle, so the game does take all the power or seti takes to much.

The best solution is to install seti with idle priority. So seti can crunch when nobody is playing and the games run as they should.

cu
Trodat

Zurück
Oben Unten