Problem mit ATI Catalyst 2.2

Keserich

Cadet
Renomée
ICh hab ein Problem mit den neuen ATI Catlyst Treibern 2.2!!
Wenn ich meine jetzigen Treiber WinME 40.13.039ref komplett deinstallier, alles von ATI aus der Registry mit reg cleaner rauswerfe und die neuen Treiber nach diversen Neu Starts installieren will, stürtzt mein Rechner grundsätzlich schon beim Start von Windows ab.
Das Bild bleibt dann oft beim nächsten Reset-Neustart schon bei Scandisk hängen. Hab sogar schon mal Neuinstalliert und probiert sie ordnungsgemäß zu installieren: nix klappt.
Obwohl ich es auch schon geschafft hab das Control Panel nach Installation der Treiber und Neustart zu installieren, immer stürtzt der Rechner beim nächsten Resart sofort(schon nach Start des Windows.Explorer oder der Treiberopionen) ab.

Mein System:

Athlon xp200+
Asus a7v-266ex, bios 10.10
512 mb infinieon cl2
built by ATI Radeon 8500

Also ich hab keine Ahnung was ich noch probieren kann und für Hilfe, wäre ich sehr dankbar!!!!!!!!!!

Oder ihr könnt mir sagen ,ob die neuen Treiber sich überhaupt lohnen von der Performance her.
Hab jetz die vorigen Catlyst Treiber wieder drauf und die laufen echt rund, aber die neuen würd ich trotzdem gern probieren um endlich die 10.000 zu knacken!!!

Keserich

Bist Du sicher, dass Du den vorherigen Treiber vollständig deinstalliert hast? Allein die Deinstallation und der Einsatz von RegCleaner könnten da nicht ausreichend sein. Ich hatte jedenfalls mal unter XP mit der 7500 nach Installation eines neuen Ati-Treibers ähnliche Probleme. Nach vollständiger Deinstallation gemäß Anleitung aus dem Forum von www.rage3d.com gings dann.

Für 98/Me gilt folgende Anleitung:

1). Uninstall your current ATI display driver. Do this by going into your control panel and running add/remove programs. ATI Display Driver should be one of the first few on your list. Choose yes when it asks if you would like to uninstall. Choose no when it asks to reboot.

2). Remove all leftover .inf files. Windows will use these to reinstall drivers (or at least try) without giving you an option for a clean install. To do this, you'll want to do a find all files/search, which can be accessed via the start menu. Windows ME has it labelled as search, and I believe Windows 9x has it labelled as find. In the search window, you'll want to enter ati*.inf as the target file. Don't bother making it search your whole hard disk, instead, under the look in field, type in C:\Windows\Inf, and make sure look in sub-folders is checked. Now your set, click find/search. Delete all files which it reports (make sure the location is c:\windows\inf or c:\windows\inf\other, do not delete ati*.inf files in other directories, just in case you chose to search your entire hard drive). Once you've completed the .inf flush, you're now ready to move on.

3). Reboot your computer. Windows will load with a default VGA adapter driver, which the ATI uninstall conveniently installs for you. Little do we know, ATI forgot to take out all the registry settings, ack! Here's what you need to do...

4). Run regedit. To do this, hit Start, click Run, and type regedit in the field and press Enter or hit OK. The windows registry entry will pop up. There are two sections you'll need to delete garbage from, the first one being the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE. Click the plus next to software and in the directory tree below it you will see a key labelled ATI Technologies, simply highlight this key and hit the delete key on your keyboard. Click yes to confirm removal when Windows prompts you. That will fix all previous tweaks you may have done, so you can ensure a fresh driver install at default settings. Now, on to the next key(s) you'll want to delete. WARNING! The following keys which I recommend you delete automatically assume you are using only one display adapter(video card) in your system. If you are using more than one, I will assume you are literate enough to know which keys can safely be deleted without mucking up your secondary adapter. Go to the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Class\DISPLAY, click the plus next to DISPLAY and you will see at least one sub key, normally labelled 0000. If your registry is dirty, you will likely see multiple keys, such as 0001, 0002, 0003, and so on. If you have only one video card in your system, it is now safe to delete every sub key of DISPLAY, including 0000. To do this highlight each key respectively and hit the delete key on your keyboard, click yes when Windows asks if you wish to remove the entry. Once you have deleted all keys, it is now time to close the regedit program and move on to the next step.

5). You will now need to go into your system device manager, which can be accessed in two ways. One, by right clicking on My Computer, clicking Properties, and then Device Manager in the following window, or you can access the device manager in your system Control Panel and double clicking on the System icon, and clicking Device Manager in the following window. Under Device Manager click the plus symbol next to Display Adapters, you will now see the Standard PCI adapter listed below. Highlight it and hit the delete key on your keyboard and click yes to confirm when Windows prompts you. It will then ask you to reboot your computer to finish removing the device, click no. Next step.

6). Extract/Unzip/Decompress your Radeon drivers of choice to a location which you will remember (I use C:\Windows\Desktop\Radeon). Once you have extracted the drivers, you can now reboot your computer to manually install them. I do NOT recommend using the ATI setup program to install drivers. When you reboot your computer, Windows will detect new hardware and ask if you wish for it to search for drivers. I always tell Windows where to search, and do not recommend you let Windows search automatically. Since Windows 9x and Windows ME vary slightly in this driver install process, I will assume you are familiar with basic driver installation and can handle pointing Windows to the directory which you extracted the drivers (i.e. C:\Windows\Desktop\Radeon for 7041 whql or C:\Windows\Desktop\Radeon\ATIDrive for all other driver packages). From here you may proceed to let Windows search the specified directories for the .inf file containing the driver install information, and the rest should be fairly self explanatory.

Wenn Du der Anleitung folgst, hast Du danach ein sauberes System und es dürften keine Konflikte mit älteren Dateien/Einträgen auftreten. Wenn das nicht hilft, würde ich etwaige Übertaktungen vor der Treiber-Installation zurückstellen. Ich kann mir vorstellen, dass die Hardwareüberprüfung, die die Catalystreiber beim ersten Boot vornehmen, sonst Probleme verursacht.

Zurück
Oben Unten