-> Solution Guide für das K7S5A

2K-Darkness

Commander
Renomée
Ich bin Deutscher, aber ich hab das hier in einem englischen Forum gepostet und bin gekickt worden. wahrscheinlich aufgrund der links, die in meinem Post verwendet wurden. Ich hoffe, das das hier nicht passiert, schließlich sind das ja keine sinnlosen URLs! Also....

Good day Guys!

I buyed my K7S5A a year ago and got many problems until i got my perfect System 4 now! I got all enabled, Sideband adressing, Fast Writes, Pipeline deepth - 32. The 2x Ram problem i got fixed! I use 2 Sticks of Infineon DDR Ram, but i think my guide will work on 2 Sticks of SDRAM also (equal which one, Infineon, Samsung, no-name...)! I tested my Settings on a second Computer, so that i can say its absolutely Safe! All runs @ 133MHZ STABEL! No Probs!! I heard from Stability Problems and Black Screens during Boot in Topics here. I think my solution Guide will fix most of em! Ok, enough for this! lets start!

First of all i have 2 say, that my Guide is only for the LAN version of the K7S5A! I have not tested the non-lan version. I got that Board first, but i sucked me so, that i give it back to my dealer and recieved the Lan Version, that makes not such Boot troubles in the first times! If you got that non-lan Board with Boot Probs, give it back... it SUXX!

1. THE 2x RAM PROB SOLUTION:

To fix this, u have to download the HoneyX BIOS
here! I used the Windows Flashing Tool AMI Winsfi14! Sorry, i did not found it on Google, so u have to do it via DOS or ask me on ICQ to recieve it! UIN: 84950530. If someone got Webspace, i will do a Package with all Files, u will need to get all Options enabled and Stable!
But now back to the RAMs. After Flashing your BIOS, u will have the HoneyX Bios, which -i think- is better than the Cheepo BIOS. It runs more stable. Now, go into the BIOS and set the system to 133/133 AND the last Setting on that Page ( I think it was something with IO...) to TRUE or ENABLED. now.. the system should run with 133/133 stable. U can change the CAS settings too if you want.

2. THE SIDEBAND ADRESSING FIX

Some people have this options, some not. For those, who dont have it.... You have to d/l RivaTuner from Guru3D. I prefeer to it, because its the easiest way. Now Install it, go to the "System" Table and search for "Enable AGP SideBandAdressing" and set it on! After this you have to restart! -For those, who say now "Hey, there is an option for Fast Writes too!!" i have to say yeah, but it will not work! Not for now...
After your restart, you have to download Powerstrip from www.entechtaiwan.com The newest Version should be 3.29. Install it and wait for the counter. Now its in the Tray near the Windows clock. right click it -> Options -> Adapter information <click>! Now you will recieve a Information Window about your PC Settings. Now click on "Read Only" and click at "Sideband Adressing". Now PS will ask you if you really want it and you say "ok". Thats it! Now it should be enabled! Only klick on "Apply" now and its done. If you cant change this setting and Pstrip says NO too, your Graphic Card does not support this option and you cant change it until you will buy a new one.

3. THE FAST WRITES FIX

Ok, this will become a little bit harder, because you have to download the HoneyX BIOS, which got this Option Disabled. So H-Oda must help us here . If you dont have flashed the HoneyX BIOS, please do it now (look at lesson 1. THE 2x RAM PROB SOLUTION:). When you have flashed it and you have done your settings in the BIOS, boot and download the following things: Powerstrip and Good day Guys!

I buyed my K7S5A a year ago and got many problems until i got my perfect System 4 now! I got all enabled, Sideband adressing, Fast Writes, Pipeline deepth - 32. The 2x Ram problem i got fixed! I use 2 Sticks of Infineon DDR Ram, but i think my guide will work on 2 Sticks of SDRAM also (equal which one, Infineon, Samsung, no-name...)! I tested my Settings on a second Computer, so that i can say its absolutely Safe! All runs @ 133MHZ STABEL! No Probs!! I heard from Stability Problems and Black Screens during Boot in Topics here. I think my solution Guide will fix most of em! Ok, enough for this! lets start!

First of all i have 2 say, that my Guide is only for the LAN version of the K7S5A! I have not tested the non-lan version. I got that Board first, but i sucked me so, that i give it back to my dealer and recieved the Lan Version, that makes not such Boot troubles in the first times! If you got that non-lan Board with Boot Probs, give it back... it SUXX!

1. THE 2x RAM PROB SOLUTION:

To fix this, u have to download the HoneyX BIOS
here! I used the Windows Flashing Tool AMI Winsfi14! Sorry, i did not found it on Google, so u have to do it via DOS or ask me on ICQ to recieve it! UIN: 84950530. If someone got Webspace, i will do a Package with all Files, u will need to get all Options enabled and Stable!
But now back to the RAMs. After Flashing your BIOS, u will have the HoneyX Bios, which -i think- is better than the Cheepo BIOS. It runs more stable. Now, go into the BIOS and set the system to 133/133 AND the last Setting on that Page ( I think it was something with IO...) to TRUE or ENABLED. now.. the system should run with 133/133 stable. U can change the CAS settings too if you want.

2. THE SIDEBAND ADRESSING FIX

Some people have this options, some not. For those, who dont have it.... You have to d/l RivaTuner from Guru3D. I prefeer to it, because its the easiest way. Now Install it, go to the "System" Table and search for "Enable AGP SideBandAdressing" and set it on! After this you have to restart! -For those, who say now "Hey, there is an option for Fast Writes too!!" i have to say yeah, but it will not work! Not for now...
After your restart, you have to download Powerstrip from www.entechtaiwan.com The newest Version should be 3.29. Install it and wait for the counter. Now its in the Tray near the Windows clock. right click it -> Options -> Adapter information <click>! Now you will recieve a Information Window about your PC Settings. Now click on "Read Only" and click at "Sideband Adressing". Now PS will ask you if you really want it and you say "ok". Thats it! Now it should be enabled! Only klick on "Apply" now and its done. If you cant change this setting and Pstrip says NO too, your Graphic Card does not support this option and you cant change it until you will buy a new one.

3. THE FAST WRITES FIX

Ok, this will become a little bit harder, because you have to download the HoneyX BIOS, which got this Option Disabled. So H-Oda must help us here . If you dont have flashed the HoneyX BIOS, please do it now (look at lesson 1. THE 2x RAM PROB SOLUTION:). When you have flashed it and you have done your settings in the BIOS, boot and download the following things: Powerstrip, WPCREDIT. Last you will get from
here or from the H-Oda Homepage www.H-oda.com! Now you have to Start WPCREDIT and search for the Offset D2! it contains the HEX x33 ! Change this value to x31 ! The Binary for this is 00110001 ! Change the Binary to this and click on "SET"! It will ask you if you are sure. click yes or ok and open Pstrip. Now wait the counter, right click on the Pstrip Symbol int the task and get on -> Options -> Adapter Information... -> and click on "Read Only". Now click on "Fast Writes" to enable it. It will ask you "Are you sure bla bla??" yust say ok, yes etc. and klick on "Apply". Thats it! But i have to say, that WPCREDIT can only change this option until the machine will reboot. Then you have to do this changes again. But i think the next HoneyX BIOS will include the Fast Writes Settings!

That was my Solution Guide and it would be glad if someone got a little bit Space 4 me, so i can upload a cuple of Screens and a zip File wich contains all needed Progs, to make it easier.

P.S.
Excuse my bad English, im German

For questions, just ask on ICQ UIN: 84950530 or via E-Mail 2K-Darkness@gmx.de

Hope this guide will fix a lot of Problems for you guys!

Zurück
Oben Unten