• RCN Russia
  • Spinhenge ESL
  • Docking@Home
  • BOINC Pentathlon 2019
  • SETI@Home Intel-Race II
  • THOR Challenge 2020
  • BOINC Pentathlon 2021
  • BOINC Pentathlon 2023
Fred Weber bislang CTO (Chief Technology Officer) bei AMD verläßt das Unternehmen, um sich neuen Herausforderungen zu stellen.<ul><i>"I am an entrepreneur at heart," said Weber. "Six years ago I made a commitment to AMD and my team to bring AMD64 technology to market. I&#8217;m proud to say that part of the job is done; AMD64 and Direct Connect Architecture are established mainstream technologies."</i></ul> Nachfolger von Weber wird Phil Hester, ehemaliger CTO der IBM PC-Sparte und bis vor kurzem CEO von Newisys.<ul><i>"Prior to joining AMD, Hester was the founder and CEO of Austin, Texas based Newisys, which was among the first companies to design and manufacture enterprise-class, multi-processor servers based on the AMD Opteron&#8482; processor. Before founding Newisys, Hester spent 23 years at IBM in several strategic management positions, including CTO of the PC Division, general manager of the Integrated Product Solutions division, and vice president of hardware development for the RS/6000 Division. Hester was also one of 15 members of IBM&#8217;s Corporate Technology Council, reporting directly to Lou Gerstner, which was the group responsible for identifying, evaluating, and recommending IBM-wide strategies for key technologies."</i></ul>Links zum Thema:
<a href="http://www.amd.com/us-en/Corporate/VirtualPressRoom/0,,51_104_543~100903,00.html" target="b">Phil Hester, Bringing 30 Years Of Experience In Advanced Computing Systems Design, Joins AMD As CTO (AMD)</a>
<a href="http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/63710" target="b">Fred Weber verläßt AMD (heise online)</a>

Danke an Rkinet und Matthias für den Hinweis.

Zurück
Oben Unten