Nero24

Administrator
Teammitglied
Renomée
  • BOINC Pentathlon 2019
  • BOINC Pentathlon 2020
  • BOINC Pentathlon 2018
  • BOINC Pentathlon 2021
<a href="http://www.anandtech.com/chipsets/showdoc.html?i=1570&p=1" TARGET="b">Anandtech</a> hat ein Review des neuen Dual-Chipsatzes AMD 760MPX online gestellt. Als Board wurde die AMD Referenz-Platine namens "Paulaner" verwendet. Ein paar markante Auszüge des Artikel besagen folgendes:<ul><i>Although we've seen reports contrary to this, we noticed no USB 1.1 compatibility problems with the reference Paulaner board. Using the only two ports available on the board we captured video from an Intel USB web camera while constantly using a Microsoft USB Intellimouse without any compatibility issues. While this is clearly not exhaustive testing, we thought it was worth mentioning.</i></ul>Anand konnte also keinerlei Probleme im Betrieb mit USB-Geräten feststellen. Sicherlich kann man nach dem Anschließen zweier USB-Geräte nicht schlußfolgern, die Meldung von <a href="http://www.planet3dnow.de/cgi-bin/newspub/viewnews.cgi?category=1&id=1008666175" TARGET="b">The Inquirer</a>, der 760 MPX schleppe einen Bug im USB-Controller mit sich herum, sei eine Ente, aber selbst wenn ein Bug existiert, kann er so dramatisch nicht sein. Also erstmal abwarten, was die Hersteller offiziell dazu sagen, ehe ein Chipsatz schon im Vorfeld aufgrund nur eines Newspostings einer für ihre deftige Gerüchteküche bekannten Seite verunglimpft wird.

Ferner haben die Redakteure einen kleinen aber feinen Unterschied zwischen Athlon XP und MP gefunden:<ul><i>There is one small exception to that statement and that is in regards to the L1 bridges on the most recent CPUs that implement the new organic packaging. As we pointed out in our Athlon XP 1900+ article, the L1 bridges on desktop CPUs are actually cut from the factory while MP CPUs aren't cut, the bridges simply aren't connected.

The only answer we could get from AMD was that the feature the L1 bridges control (multiplier) is not supported by MP motherboards. This could mean that no 760MPX motherboards will be allowed to have multiplier adjustment, or it could mean no more than AMD won't approve of multiplier support on 760MPX motherboards. Only time will tell.</i></ul>Auch hier heißt es mal wieder abwarten, bis der Nebel sich lichtet...
THX @[MTB]SledgeHammer & Thomas für den Hinweis :-)

Zurück
Oben Unten