ASRock AM2 Mainboards - Unterstützung Phenom

Are the IMHO Flash ROM too small in both MotherBoards?
Have you noticed the 939Dual-Vsta allows for an storage on BIOS of 4MB? (if I don't bad remember), while the 939Dual-Sata2 allows for just 2MB?.
So you confirm these MotherBoards cannot support the Phenom?, and they will never do?
Thnx, Rgds,

Thats a good point McDick! I would try and contact ASRock directly! Their support was always fast and very helpful!

http://www.asrock.com/support/TSD.asp

Cheers!

Und? Hast du den Prozzie gekriegt? Haste den getestet?

Sorry, aber den 9950BE war nicht verfügbar wen ich hatte den AliveNF6G-DVI gebrannt (nach den bestellung, der Verkäufer kontaktiert mir und informiert mich fur etwa 12 tage verspatung) , so ich hatte den prozessor abgebrochen, und nur den AliveNF6G-GLAN bestellt...

Habe ich kein 9950BE zum testen für den Moment, aber in der nächsten Bestellung werde ich ,mit einem ASUS M3a79-t auch....

Sorry for not informing, i've been a little busy...

I'll come up with an update when i have something..

hello and sorry, I don't speak in german, but this is the only forum where I found some good information about Phenom on the alivenf6g-dvi, I have one alivenf6g-dvi for almost 2 years now, it's a good board, but in asrock site there isn't a bios compatible with phenom, I ask the asrock support about that and they answered me that is impossible to run a phenom on this board because of the chipset limitations, now I found here people with some beta bios running phenoms, but I have a question, this board only have a 20 pin atx connector, that is not dangerous for a power hungry CPU like the phenom?! you lost 4 pins, +12, +5v connection, maybe this is the limitation of the board to support phenom? also, will be a bios to support am3 cpus in the aliven6g-dvi? I saw at the asrock site that they already released some compatible bios for AM3 cpus in some boards, including some with the nforce 6150se 430, like the alivenf6g-dvi...
thanks and sorry again, I'm brazilian and I'm using a german to english translator to read the forum, also my english is not very good.

Hello and welcome on Planet3Dnow!

Since we are the Planet3Dnow and not Germany3Dnow everybody is welcome. :)

I can't really help you with your problem, but:
The 20x ATX-power ist not responsible for the processor. There is an extra processor supply cable with 4 pins on your board. I marked it in the picture.

221220py8.jpg

So it is not important, wether you have a 20pin or 24pin connector.
But there are certain parts of your motherboard responsible for transforming the power to the required amount and they could get in trouble.

So you should choose your processor wisely. I strongly recommend not to use 125W TDP cpus.

This of course does not answer the real question but I hope to be at least a little helpful.

____

Ich übersetze deinen englischen Text für unsere Member hier (nur den technisch relevanten Teil):

I have one alivenf6g-dvi for almost 2 years now, it's a good board, but in asrock site there isn't a bios compatible with phenom, I ask the asrock support about that and they answered me that is impossible to run a phenom on this board because of the chipset limitations, now I found here people with some beta bios running phenoms, but I have a question, this board only have a 20 pin atx connector, that is not dangerous for a power hungry CPU like the phenom?! you lost 4 pins, +12, +5v connection, maybe this is the limitation of the board to support phenom? also, will be a bios to support am3 cpus in the aliven6g-dvi? I saw at the asrock site that they already released some compatible bios for AM3 cpus in some boards, including some with the nforce 6150se 430, like the alivenf6g-dvi...

Ich besitze seit zwei Jahren ein alivenf6g-dvi, welches eigentlich ein gutes Board ist, nur habe ich laut asrock-website kein Phenom-kompatibles Bios gefunden. Auf Nachfrage an den AsRock-Support habe ich die Antwort erhalten, dass es prinzipiell nicht möglich ist, einen Phenom auf diesem Board zu betreiben. Chipsatzseitige Begrenzungen wurden als Grund genannt.
Hier im Forum scheint es aber Member mit einem Beta-Bios zu geben, dass den Betrieb eines Phenoms ermöglicht.
Da das Board nur einen 20pin-ATX-Anschluss hat, frage ich mich, ob es nicht gefährlich ist, einen Phenom damit zu betreiben. Vielleicht ist das auch der Grund für die Inkompatibilität?
AsRoch hat ja bereits einige AM3-kompatible Bios veröffentlich, das betraf auch andere Boards mit dem gleichen Chipsatz. Wird es für das alivenf6g-dvi auch AM3-Support geben?

Hallo bin neu hier hätte mal ne frage. ich hab ein k8upgrade nf3 mit AM2 upgrade platine kann ich da nen phenom drauf setzen

Hallo bin neu hier hätte mal ne frage. ich hab ein k8upgrade nf3 mit AM2 upgrade platine kann ich da nen phenom drauf setzen

Leider nein! Liegt u.a. an dem nur 2Mbit großen BIOS

Außerdem sind die Upgradekarten von ASRock ein nettes Gimmick, mehr aber auch nicht. Ich hatte selber eine: Neben Platzproblemen auch nachteilig für die Lüftung.

Funzen tat es einwandfrei, aber die Investition lohnt nicht. Lieber ein neues AM2+ Mainboard von ASRock, die es in guter Quali ab 50€ gibt (u.a. meins, siehe System) und freuen, wenn das Mainboard auch alle Features der CPU unterstützt...

Hello and welcome on Planet3Dnow!

Since we are the Planet3Dnow and not Germany3Dnow everybody is welcome. :)

I can't really help you with your problem, but:
The 20x ATX-power ist not responsible for the processor. There is an extra processor supply cable with 4 pins on your board. I marked it in the picture.

So it is not important, wether you have a 20pin or 24pin connector.
But there are certain parts of your motherboard responsible for transforming the power to the required amount and they could get in trouble.

So you should choose your processor wisely. I strongly recommend not to use 125W TDP cpus.

This of course does not answer the real question but I hope to be at least a little helpful.

____

Ich übersetze deinen englischen Text für unsere Member hier (nur den technisch relevanten Teil):

Ich besitze seit zwei Jahren ein alivenf6g-dvi, welches eigentlich ein gutes Board ist, nur habe ich laut asrock-website kein Phenom-kompatibles Bios gefunden. Auf Nachfrage an den AsRock-Support habe ich die Antwort erhalten, dass es prinzipiell nicht möglich ist, einen Phenom auf diesem Board zu betreiben. Chipsatzseitige Begrenzungen wurden als Grund genannt.
Hier im Forum scheint es aber Member mit einem Beta-Bios zu geben, dass den Betrieb eines Phenoms ermöglicht.
Da das Board nur einen 20pin-ATX-Anschluss hat, frage ich mich, ob es nicht gefährlich ist, einen Phenom damit zu betreiben. Vielleicht ist das auch der Grund für die Inkompatibilität?
AsRoch hat ja bereits einige AM3-kompatible Bios veröffentlich, das betraf auch andere Boards mit dem gleichen Chipsatz. Wird es für das alivenf6g-dvi auch AM3-Support geben?

thanks for the help and the translation!
last week I sended a email to the asrock support and recived the 2.27 bios for the alivenf6g-dvi with phenom II and instant boot support! unfortunately I don't have a PII right now to test, but the instant boot works perfectly...
but using this bios with my brisbane athlon I notice a drecrease in performance and decided to test, and that's what I found (test made using the exact same settings, latency and etc, just the different bios)

2.27 bios

everest memory benchmark read 6504 write 5953 copy 6198 latency 81.1

super pi 1m 34.6

3dm01
1-378.7
1-78.4
2-476.5
2-274.6
3-302.1
3-139.7
4-124.7

lost coast low 90.7fps

aquamark 3 93.033

2.20 bios

everest memory benchmark read 7771 write 7413 copy 7912 latency 54.9

super pi 1m 34.3

3dm01
1-379.5
1-84.7
2-481.6
2-282.7
3-316.8
3-146.2
4-124.7

lost coast 110.12
aquamark 3 95.233

the difference in memory performance is quite big, is this normal, expected using a k10 compatible bios or just a bug?
thanks again.

Habe von AsRock die Beta 3.21 fuer AliveXFire-eSATA2 zugemailed bekommen.

Download : http://www.falconfly.de/temp/AliveXFire-eSATA2_Beta_BIOS_v3.21.zip

Problem :
Ab Retail BIOS P2.80 versagt das Board den POST, wenn CPU Vcore/Takt von Auto auf Manuell gesetzt werden (auch mit zu Auto identischen, normalen Werten).
Ab P3.20 ist das Problem bei Athlon64 X2 behoben, nicht jedoch bei Phenom I und Phenom II.

Fix :
Erlaubt wieder Veraenderungen der CPU Vcore und des CPU-Taktes (Overclocking/Undervolting) bei Phenom I und Phenom II

-- edit --
Mit dem offiziellen P3.30 BIOS wurde der von mir festgestellte und gemeldete Fehler behoben, die 3.21b ist also obsolet.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hello from Argentina.

Sorry but I don´t speak German even though I have German citizenship. Crazy jus sanguinis laws!

I have an Asrock AliveNF6G-VSTA board with 2.20 BIOS. I am running Athlon X2 4400+, which is ok for what I want EXCEPT for h264 playback which brings the CPU to its knees.

This Phenom X4 9150E processor is available for very cheap USD 80 at newegg N82E16819103287

I like low power and silent machines, that´s why I bought the Brisbane processor and now I want this very silent low powered Phenom X4.

There are several links in this thread to: httx://wwx.pctreiber.net/filebase.php?cat=45, but the newer bioses are only for AM2NF6G-VSTA.

My questions are:
1) Would bios 2.20 support the 9150e?
2) If it does not, can I use the newer bioses for AM2NF6G-VSTA? It seems to be a trimmed down version of the AliveNFG6-VSTA and pctreiber.net is publishing both bioses in the same folder.
3) What about running AM2+ Phenom II on this board?125W is supported according to the Asrock site, but for the Windsor 2800 Mhz core, not Phenom II.

Thanks in advance

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hi
Nochmal zur Nachfrage: Hab das MB AliveXFire-e2SATA mit aktuellem BIOS P3.10. Laut Liste von Asrock müßte das doch laufen mit dem Phenom2 X4 940 BE, oder?
Bin auch (noch) nicht so sehr am OC interessiert...., kommt erst mit nem AM2+-Board.... ;-)
Danke im voraus für die Antwort... :-)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Aktuell ist die Version P3.30, mit dem saemtliche CPUs laufen (auch dein X4 940BE) und in dem auch das manual Voltage/Clock Problem beseitigt ist.

Dankeschön für die Antwort.
Werd dann vor dem Umbau erstmal mein Bios flashen. Hat ja beim letzten mal auch super funktioniert.... :-)
Ist ja klasse, wenn das mit dem manual Voltage/Clock funktioniert...
Freu mich schon drauf. wenn das Teil kommt. :-))))

Hat jemand noch das Beta-Bios 1.31 vom AM2NF4G-SATA2?
Der Link ist offline und sonst in den Weiten des Internets habe ich noch keine andere Quelle gefunden.

Schon jemand einen der neuen AM3-CPUs (AthlonII X2, X3, X4) auf dem AM2NF6G-VSTA mit Beta-BIOS 2.37 ausprobiert? Ne Bekannte will aufrüsten, wenn das geht.

Drchem

Zurück
Oben Unten