Projektnews Poem@Home: GPU Project Status

P3D-Bot

Bot von P3D
Renomée
Standort
Das Boot 3.0
As many of you have noticed, our GPU project has been re-enabled after the update last week.With the apparent error of our last release being fixed, I'm still not satisfied with the failing rate of GPU tasks, especially on NVIDIA cards.I think there are currently three main issues:1. Incompatibility to old AMD GPUs.We're suspecting our latest version of poemcl won't run properly on cards of the Radeon 4000 series, which only have a limited OpenCL support.If you are using such a GPU, and it works however, please let me know which OS and driver version you are using. If there is no working setup, we will exclude the Radeon 4000 series in future releases.2. Multi-GPU NVIDIA hosts still fail when using more than one graphics card for poemcl tasks.If you have attached a host with multiple NVIDIA cards to POEM@HOME, please configure your client to use only one of them for our project, see http://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/client_configuration headword exclude_gpu.This is a well known problem which should have been fixed with the last release, but obviously it is a sticky one :(3. There is a new error, which may be related to incompatible OpenCL library versions.If your host uses only a single GPU, but still fails with poemcl tasks, please download one of the following files (depending on your OS):boinc.fzk.de/userdocs/temp/pcl_201_test_linux.tar.gzboinc.fzk.de/userdocs/temp/pcl_201_test_win.zipExtract the files to a new folder, run the executable (if it works, this may take some minutes), and post the content of stderr.txt in this thread.Thanks for your help!I hope we can improve the application soon with your feedback.

Weiterlesen auf der Projekthomepage

Zurück
Oben Unten