• RCN Russia
  • Spinhenge ESL
  • Docking@Home
  • BOINC Pentathlon 2019
  • SETI@Home Intel-Race II
  • THOR Challenge 2020
  • BOINC Pentathlon 2021
  • BOINC Pentathlon 2023
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9Jn9NREaSvc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

6.PNG

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ich bin, wie erwartet, auf dem L1 Tech Livestream. Der ist etwas näher dran.

Bisher: Slightly better Price -> ~7k vs 14k Intel.
4x Price/$

Google will use AMD...

TL;DR:
R.I.P. Intel
Das ist noch viel schlimmer als P4 vs. K8!

--- Update ---

oh und Gen3 Design fertig, Zen4 in Entwicklung...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Erster kleiner Test. Schon krass was AMD da geliefert hat...

"I have been covering server CPUs since the launch of the Opteron in 2003, but this is nothing like I have seen before: a competitive core and twice as much of them on a chip than what the competition (Intel, Cavium, even IBM) can offer. To quote AMD's SVP of its Enterprise division, Forrest Norrod:

"We designed this part to compete with Ice Lake, expecting to make some headway on single threaded performance. We did not expect to be facing re-warmed Skylake instead. This is going to be one of the highlights of our careers""

"The launch of AMD's second generation EPYC processors is nothing short of historic, beating the competition by a large margin in almost every metric: performance, performance per watt and performance per dollar."
https://www.anandtech.com/show/14694/amd-rome-epyc-2nd-gen

Hier noch eine ausführlich Zusammenfassung des Events mit Text (in Englisch):
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-epyc-rome-7nm-launch,40116.html

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
AMD EPYC 7502 + EPYC 7742 Linux Performance Benchmarks (phoronix)

Each day for the past three to four weeks I've been hitting up the EPYC 7742 and EPYC 7502 Rome processors with different Linux workloads and I continue to be truly mesmerized by the performance potential particularly with the 7742 now having a 128-core / 256-thread server in a two socket configuration and each of those CPUs having a 225 Watt TDP. AMD has shown their modern engineering leadership potential with Zen2/Rome and that on-time delivery while Intel continues struggling getting their 10nm products out the door and continuing to face various speculative execution vulnerabilities. This combination of AMD's engineering victory and Intel's stumbles have led to the EPYC 7002 series line-up being incredibly primed for success. The raw performance of the EPYC 7502/7742 has been fantastic against the Cascadelake Xeon Platinum 8280 and a big uplift compared to the original EPYC processors while the performance-per-dollar is phenomenal compared to Intel and the 7nm EPYC processors also deliver competitive performance-per-Watt while offering many more cores.

Zurück
Oben Unten