TSMC Reports Second Quarter EPS of NT$7.01

HSINCHU, Tai짯wan, R.O.C., Jul. 20, 2023  TSMC (TWSE: 2330, NYSE: TSM) today announ짯ced con짯so짯li짯da짯ted reve짯nue of NT$480.84 bil짯li짯on, net inco짯me of NT$181.80 bil짯li짯on, and diluted ear짯nings per share of NT$7.01 (US$1.14 per ADR unit) for the second quar짯ter ended June 30, 2023.

Year-over-year, second quar짯ter reve짯nue decreased 10.0% while net inco짯me and diluted EPS both decreased 23.3%. Com짯pared to first quar짯ter 2023, second quar짯ter results repre짯sen짯ted a 5.5% decrease in reve짯nue and a 12.2% decrease in net inco짯me. All figu짯res were pre짯pared in accordance with TIFRS on a con짯so짯li짯da짯ted basis.

In US dol짯lars, second quar짯ter reve짯nue was $15.68 bil짯li짯on, which decreased 13.7% year-over-year and decreased 6.2% from the pre짯vious quarter.

Gross mar짯gin for the quar짯ter was 54.1%, ope짯ra짯ting mar짯gin was 42.0%, and net pro짯fit mar짯gin was 37.8%.

In the second quar짯ter, ship짯ments of 5몁anometer accoun짯ted for 30% of total wafer reve짯nue; 7- nano짯me짯ter accoun짯ted for 23%. Advan짯ced tech짯no짯lo짯gies, defi짯ned as 7몁anometer and more advan짯ced tech짯no짯lo짯gies, accoun짯ted for 53% of total wafer revenue.

Our second quar짯ter busi짯ness was impac짯ted by the over짯all glo짯bal eco짯no짯mic con짯di짯ti짯ons, which dam짯pened the end mar짯ket demand, and led to cus짯to짯mers ongo짯ing inven짯to짯ry adjus짯t짯ment, said Wen짯dell Huang, VP and Chief Finan짯cial Offi짯cer of TSMC. 쏮oving into third quar짯ter 2023, we expect our busi짯ness to be sup짯port짯ed by the strong ramp of our 3몁anomenter tech짯no짯lo짯gies, par짯ti짯al짯ly off짯set by cus짯to짯mers con짯tin짯ued inven짯to짯ry adjustment.

Based on the Company셲 cur짯rent busi짯ness out짯look, manage짯ment expects the over짯all per짯for짯mance for third quar짯ter 2023 to be as follows:

 

  • Reve짯nue is expec짯ted to be bet짯ween US$16.7 bil짯li짯on and US$17.5 billion;

 And, based on the exch짯an짯ge rate assump짯ti짯on of 1 US dol짯lar to 30.8 NT dollars,

  •  Gross pro짯fit mar짯gin is expec짯ted to be bet짯ween 51.5% and 53.5%;
  • Ope짯ra짯ting pro짯fit mar짯gin is expec짯ted to be bet짯ween 38% and 40%.