AMD EPYC pro¬≠ces¬≠sor powered solu¬≠ti¬≠ons pro¬≠vi¬≠de lea¬≠ding vir¬≠tua¬≠liza¬≠ti¬≠on per¬≠for¬≠mance and secu¬≠ri¬≠ty fea¬≠tures for the modern data center
AMD EPYC pro¬≠ces¬≠sors with Nuta¬≠nix Hybrid Cloud Infra¬≠struc¬≠tu¬≠re deli¬≠ver excep¬≠tio¬≠nal per¬≠for¬≠mance for the Mulit¬≠cloud Era
AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announ¬≠ced the con¬≠tin¬≠ued expan¬≠si¬≠on of the AMD EPYC‚ĄĘ pro¬≠ces¬≠sor eco¬≠sys¬≠tem for vir¬≠tua¬≠li¬≠zed envi¬≠ron¬≠ments and hyper¬≠con¬≠ver¬≠ged infra¬≠struc¬≠tu¬≠re (HCI) with Leno¬≠vo announ¬≠cing the Thin¬≠kA¬≠gi¬≠le HX, the latest solu¬≠ti¬≠on based on AMD EPYC pro¬≠ces¬≠sors and Nutanix‚Äôs hybrid cloud infra¬≠struc¬≠tu¬≠re solu¬≠ti¬≠on. This new solu¬≠ti¬≠on expands the eco¬≠sys¬≠tem of AMD EPYC based cloud and vir¬≠tua¬≠li¬≠zed solutions.
As cus¬≠to¬≠mers want more value for their data cen¬≠ter bud¬≠get, IT depart¬≠ments are moving to HCI to moder¬≠ni¬≠ze and trans¬≠form their enter¬≠pri¬≠se data cen¬≠ter. This crea¬≠tes a high per¬≠forming and effi¬≠ci¬≠ent data cen¬≠ter that is easier to mana¬≠ge for the quick-chan¬≠ging needs of busi¬≠nesses. By choo¬≠sing AMD EPYC pro¬≠ces¬≠sors and Nuta¬≠nix hybrid and mul¬≠ti¬≠cloud solu¬≠ti¬≠ons, cus¬≠to¬≠mers can acce¬≠le¬≠ra¬≠te workloads like digi¬≠tal workspaces inclu¬≠ding VDI with fan¬≠ta¬≠stic per¬≠for¬≠mance, advan¬≠ced secu¬≠ri¬≠ty fea¬≠tures, and broad eco¬≠sys¬≠tem sup¬≠port from major ISVs and OEM partners.
‚ÄúIT lea¬≠ders are faced with a dif¬≠fi¬≠cult and evol¬≠ving situa¬≠ti¬≠on right now. As more employees are in a ‚Äėwork from any¬≠whe¬≠re‚Äô situa¬≠ti¬≠on, they have to rethink their data cen¬≠ter ope¬≠ra¬≠ti¬≠ons and move them to a more digi¬≠tal and modern envi¬≠ron¬≠ment that can pro¬≠vi¬≠de the secu¬≠ri¬≠ty, per¬≠for¬≠mance and agi¬≠li¬≠ty nee¬≠ded to sup¬≠port their busi¬≠ness,‚ÄĚ said Dan McNa¬≠ma¬≠ra, seni¬≠or vice pre¬≠si¬≠dent and gene¬≠ral mana¬≠ger, Ser¬≠ver Busi¬≠ness Unit, AMD. ‚ÄúA vir¬≠tua¬≠li¬≠zed or HCI envi¬≠ron¬≠ment powered by AMD EPYC pro¬≠ces¬≠sors gives the¬≠se data cen¬≠ter ope¬≠ra¬≠tors and IT admi¬≠nis¬≠tra¬≠tors the power to pro¬≠vi¬≠de a high-per¬≠for¬≠mance vir¬≠tua¬≠li¬≠zed envi¬≠ron¬≠ment with lea¬≠ding-edge secu¬≠ri¬≠ty fea¬≠tures, across a wide varie¬≠ty of OEM plat¬≠forms and soft¬≠ware solu¬≠ti¬≠ons. This will not only help them in this ‚Äėwork from any¬≠whe¬≠re‚Äô envi¬≠ron¬≠ment but also enable them to con¬≠tri¬≠bu¬≠te to their company‚Äôs busi¬≠ness goals.‚ÄĚ
‚ÄúAs Nuta¬≠nix evol¬≠ves from deli¬≠ve¬≠ring indus¬≠try-lea¬≠ding HCI soft¬≠ware to hybrid cloud infra¬≠struc¬≠tu¬≠re we look to pro¬≠vi¬≠de our cus¬≠to¬≠mers with the best soft¬≠ware and hard¬≠ware solu¬≠ti¬≠ons to help moder¬≠ni¬≠ze their data cen¬≠ters, as part of their hybrid and mul¬≠ti¬≠cloud stra¬≠te¬≠gies,‚ÄĚ said Tar¬≠kan Maner, Chief Com¬≠mer¬≠cial Offi¬≠cer at Nuta¬≠nix. ‚ÄúNuta¬≠nix soft¬≠ware, along with OEM plat¬≠forms and AMD EPYC pro¬≠ces¬≠sors, deli¬≠ver the per¬≠for¬≠mance, fle¬≠xi¬≠bi¬≠li¬≠ty, and choice our cus¬≠to¬≠mers need to sup¬≠port data¬≠ba¬≠ses, ana¬≠ly¬≠tics, digi¬≠tal workspaces and other busi¬≠ness cri¬≠ti¬≠cal appli¬≠ca¬≠ti¬≠ons. We‚Äôre exci¬≠ted to con¬≠ti¬≠nue this col¬≠la¬≠bo¬≠ra¬≠ti¬≠on with AMD and help our cus¬≠to¬≠mers moder¬≠ni¬≠ze their data centers.‚ÄĚ
The Growing AMD EPYC HCI Ecosystem
AMD EPYC‚ĄĘ pro¬≠ces¬≠sors have beco¬≠me a lea¬≠ding choice to dri¬≠ve inno¬≠va¬≠ti¬≠on of vir¬≠tua¬≠liza¬≠ti¬≠on and HCI solu¬≠ti¬≠ons due to its acce¬≠le¬≠ra¬≠ted per¬≠for¬≠mance, class lea¬≠ding memo¬≠ry capa¬≠bi¬≠li¬≠ties,1 and advan¬≠ced secu¬≠ri¬≠ty fea¬≠tures. The¬≠se solu¬≠ti¬≠ons using AMD EPYC pro¬≠ces¬≠sors are now wide¬≠ly available, cus¬≠to¬≠mers have a choice of solu¬≠ti¬≠ons when moder¬≠ni¬≠zing their data centers.
‚ÄúIn our busi¬≠ness we are hea¬≠vi¬≠ly focu¬≠sed on HCI solu¬≠ti¬≠ons and soft¬≠ware defi¬≠ned sto¬≠rage and the AMD EPYC pro¬≠ces¬≠sors have dra¬≠ma¬≠ti¬≠cal¬≠ly expan¬≠ded the hori¬≠zon of what we can build to sup¬≠port HCI and soft¬≠ware defi¬≠ned sto¬≠rage,‚ÄĚ said Alek¬≠san¬≠dr Ragel, co-foun¬≠der and Mana¬≠ging Part¬≠ner, Dia¬≠way. ‚ÄúThis is why we cho¬≠se the AMD EPYC pro¬≠ces¬≠sor to power the DIAWAY EDGEBOX‚ĄĘ, a turn¬≠key solu¬≠ti¬≠on that‚Äôs ide¬≠al for lar¬≠ge-sca¬≠le soft¬≠ware-defi¬≠ned sto¬≠rage, HCI and diver¬≠se soft¬≠ware stacks. We‚Äôve seen cus¬≠to¬≠mers use the EPYC powered EDGEBOX for sto¬≠rage inten¬≠si¬≠ve workloads, and even pure HCI envi¬≠ron¬≠ments, whe¬≠re the EPYC pro¬≠ces¬≠sor does the com¬≠pu¬≠te and the EDGEBOX runs the manage¬≠ment lay¬≠er for a pri¬≠va¬≠te cloud. We are exci¬≠ted to con¬≠ti¬≠nue our work with AMD to deli¬≠ver fan¬≠ta¬≠stic HCI solu¬≠ti¬≠ons based on EPYC.‚ÄĚ
‚ÄúAMD EPYC pro¬≠ces¬≠sors have enab¬≠led us to deploy high-den¬≠si¬≠ty hyper¬≠con¬≠ver¬≠ged infra¬≠struc¬≠tu¬≠re ser¬≠vers with unpre¬≠ce¬≠den¬≠ted fle¬≠xi¬≠bi¬≠li¬≠ty,‚ÄĚ said Bart Wil¬≠lems, tech¬≠no¬≠lo¬≠gy direc¬≠tor, ATIPA Tech¬≠no¬≠lo¬≠gies. ‚ÄúThe AMD EPYC processor‚Äôs high core counts and sup¬≠port of PCIe 4 were instru¬≠men¬≠tal in allo¬≠wing us to pack more per¬≠for¬≠mance for more vir¬≠tu¬≠al machi¬≠nes with fas¬≠ter net¬≠work access and lower sto¬≠rage laten¬≠cy in as litt¬≠le data cen¬≠ter space as possible.‚ÄĚ
AMD has work¬≠ed clo¬≠se¬≠ly with its OEM and soft¬≠ware pro¬≠vi¬≠der part¬≠ners to offer solu¬≠ti¬≠ons with lea¬≠ding per¬≠for¬≠mance, sca¬≠la¬≠bi¬≠li¬≠ty, and total cost of owner¬≠ship (TCO). The¬≠se HCI solu¬≠ti¬≠ons include:
- Dell Tech¬≠no¬≠lo¬≠gies
- Dell EMC XC Core XC6515 ‚Äď The Dell EMC XC Core XC6515 is an AMD EPYC pro¬≠ces¬≠sor based XC appli¬≠ance from Dell Tech¬≠no¬≠lo¬≠gies. Ful¬≠ly qua¬≠li¬≠fied by Nuta¬≠nix, the sin¬≠gle socket 1U chas¬≠sis pro¬≠vi¬≠des up to 64 high per¬≠for¬≠mance cores, PCIe¬ģ 4, and per¬≠for¬≠mance for VDI, data¬≠ba¬≠se, and ROBO workloads.
- Dell EMC Solu¬≠ti¬≠ons for Azu¬≠re Stack HCI ‚Äď The AX-6515 solu¬≠ti¬≠on is powered by 2nd Gen AMD EPYC pro¬≠ces¬≠sors and pro¬≠vi¬≠des advan¬≠ta¬≠ges for lever¬≠aging Micro¬≠soft vir¬≠tua¬≠liza¬≠ti¬≠on environments.
- HPE Pro¬≠Li¬≠ant DX325 & DX385 opti¬≠mi¬≠zed with Nuta¬≠nix soft¬≠ware ‚Äď Using AMD EPYC pro¬≠ces¬≠sors based on HPE Pro¬≠Li¬≠ant ser¬≠vers, which are the world‚Äôs most indus¬≠try-stan¬≠dard ser¬≠vers, are an advan¬≠ced choice for cus¬≠to¬≠mers sel¬≠ec¬≠ting Nuta¬≠nix soft¬≠ware with HPE.
- HPE Pro¬≠Li¬≠ant DL325 and DL385 Gen10 ser¬≠vers with HPE Nim¬≠ble Sto¬≠rage dHCI ‚Äď Using 2nd Gen AMD EPYC pro¬≠ces¬≠sors, the¬≠se ser¬≠vers are archi¬≠tec¬≠ted for VDI users, busi¬≠ness-cri¬≠ti¬≠cal appli¬≠ca¬≠ti¬≠ons, and mixed workloads with unpre¬≠dic¬≠ta¬≠ble growth.
- HPE Sim¬≠pli¬≠Vi¬≠ty 325 Gen10 HCI ‚ÄďAn indus¬≠try-lea¬≠ding HCI solu¬≠ti¬≠on for the enter¬≠pri¬≠se edge¬≠ba¬≠sed on the HPE DL325 Gen 10 ser¬≠ver using the HPE Sim¬≠pli¬≠Vi¬≠ty HCI soft¬≠ware and powered by 2nd Gen AMD EPYC pro¬≠ces¬≠sors. The solu¬≠ti¬≠on offers cus¬≠to¬≠mers a small 1U foot¬≠print, 2‚ÄĎnode high avai¬≠la¬≠bi¬≠li¬≠ty, that lowers TCO with indus¬≠try-lea¬≠ding VDI-den¬≠si¬≠ty.
- Leno¬≠vo Data Cen¬≠ter Group
- Leno¬≠vo Thin¬≠kA¬≠gi¬≠le HX ‚Äď in col¬≠la¬≠bo¬≠ra¬≠ti¬≠on with Nuta¬≠nix and AMD, Leno¬≠vo recent¬≠ly announ¬≠ced the new Leno¬≠vo Thin¬≠kA¬≠gi¬≠le HX HCI solu¬≠ti¬≠ons powered by AMD EPYC pro¬≠ces¬≠sors, enab¬≠ling cus¬≠to¬≠mers to run vir¬≠tu¬≠al desk¬≠top workloads at a hig¬≠her den¬≠si¬≠ty, and main¬≠tain con¬≠sis¬≠tent per¬≠for¬≠mance (in the same 1U form fac¬≠tor), with up to 50% fewer ser¬≠vers.2
- The Leno¬≠vo Thin¬≠kA¬≠gi¬≠le HX 3000 Series appli¬≠ance ‚Äď Fea¬≠turing AMD EPYC pro¬≠ces¬≠sors, it is available in a rack-den¬≠se 1U 1‚ÄĎnode form-fac¬≠tor and sup¬≠ports high memo¬≠ry and core den¬≠si¬≠ty, making it a good solu¬≠ti¬≠on for vir¬≠tu¬≠al desk¬≠top infra¬≠struc¬≠tu¬≠re and gene¬≠ral vir¬≠tua¬≠liza¬≠ti¬≠on workloads.
As HCI con¬≠ti¬≠nues to pro¬≠vi¬≠de effi¬≠ci¬≠en¬≠ci¬≠es and agi¬≠li¬≠ty for deman¬≠ding IT requi¬≠re¬≠ments dri¬≠ving the cus¬≠to¬≠mers‚Äô cloud expe¬≠ri¬≠ence, AMD has been working clo¬≠se¬≠ly with our eco¬≠sys¬≠tem part¬≠ners to deli¬≠ver ful¬≠ly tes¬≠ted and vali¬≠da¬≠ted solu¬≠ti¬≠ons. With the ongo¬≠ing suc¬≠cess with indus¬≠try part¬≠ners like Dell Tech¬≠no¬≠lo¬≠gies, HPE, Leno¬≠vo, Micro¬≠soft and Nuta¬≠nix, AMD is com¬≠mit¬≠ted to con¬≠ti¬≠nue pro¬≠vi¬≠ding the best pos¬≠si¬≠ble solu¬≠ti¬≠ons for part¬≠ners and customers.
- Learn more about AMD EPYC pro¬≠ces¬≠sors for HCI
- Read more about the AMD growth in HCI and vir¬≠tua¬≠liza¬≠ti¬≠on
- Learn more about AMD Infi¬≠ni¬≠ty Guard
- Check out a recent HCI white¬≠pa¬≠per from Insight64 about HCI
- Fol¬≠low AMD on Twit¬≠ter
For more than 50 years AMD has dri¬≠ven inno¬≠va¬≠ti¬≠on in high-per¬≠for¬≠mance com¬≠pu¬≠ting, gra¬≠phics and visua¬≠liza¬≠ti¬≠on tech¬≠no¬≠lo¬≠gies ‚Äē the buil¬≠ding blocks for gam¬≠ing, immersi¬≠ve plat¬≠forms and the dat¬≠a¬≠cen¬≠ter. Hundreds of mil¬≠li¬≠ons of con¬≠su¬≠mers, lea¬≠ding For¬≠tu¬≠ne 500 busi¬≠nesses and cut¬≠ting-edge sci¬≠en¬≠ti¬≠fic rese¬≠arch faci¬≠li¬≠ties around the world rely on AMD tech¬≠no¬≠lo¬≠gy dai¬≠ly to impro¬≠ve how they live, work and play. AMD employees around the world are focu¬≠sed on buil¬≠ding gre¬≠at pro¬≠ducts that push the boun¬≠da¬≠ries of what is pos¬≠si¬≠ble. For more infor¬≠ma¬≠ti¬≠on about how AMD is enab¬≠ling today and inspi¬≠ring tomor¬≠row, visit the AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) web¬≠site, blog, Face¬≠book and Twit¬≠ter pages.
- EPYC‚ĄĘ 7002 series has 8 memo¬≠ry chan¬≠nels, sup¬≠port¬≠ing 3200 MHz DIMMs yiel¬≠ding 204.8 GB/s of band¬≠width vs. the same class of Intel Sca¬≠lable Gen 2 pro¬≠ces¬≠sors with only 6 memo¬≠ry chan¬≠nels and sup¬≠port¬≠ing 2933 MHz DIMMs yiel¬≠ding 140.8 GB/s of band¬≠width. 204.8 / 140.8 = 1.454545 ‚ÄĒ 1.0 = .45 or 45% more. AMD EPYC has 45% more band¬≠width. Class based on indus¬≠try-stan¬≠dard pin-based (LGA) X86 pro¬≠ces¬≠sors. ROM-11
- Thin¬≠kA¬≠gi¬≠le HX Intel plat¬≠form can have a maxi¬≠mum of 56C in a 2S plat¬≠form vs. 128C in Thin¬≠kA¬≠gi¬≠le HX AMD based plat¬≠form. Hig¬≠her VDI den¬≠si¬≠ty cla¬≠im is based on extra¬≠po¬≠la¬≠ti¬≠on of per¬≠for¬≠mance results for vir¬≠tu¬≠al desk¬≠tops on Thin¬≠kA¬≠gi¬≠le HX and Think¬≠Sys¬≠tem with Citrix. A 2S Intel Thin¬≠kA¬≠gi¬≠le HX plat¬≠form with 28C CPU would sup¬≠port appro¬≠xi¬≠m¬≠ate¬≠ly 260 Know¬≠ledge workers per node when sys¬≠tem is CPU bound based on (https://lenovopress.com/lp0665.pdf Table 7 Sec¬≠tion 4.6.2). A 2S AMD Thin¬≠kA¬≠gi¬≠le HX plat¬≠form with 64C CPU would sup¬≠port 500 Know¬≠ledge workers per node based on ‚ÄĒ https://lenovopress.com/lp0664.pdf Table 11 Sec¬≠tion 4.3.2. This gives us appro¬≠xi¬≠m¬≠ate¬≠ly 92% impro¬≠ve¬≠ment in Citrix Know¬≠ledge. AMD has not inde¬≠pendent¬≠ly veri¬≠fied this data.
Links to third par¬≠ty sites are pro¬≠vi¬≠ded for con¬≠ve¬≠ni¬≠ence and unless expli¬≠cit¬≠ly sta¬≠ted, AMD is not respon¬≠si¬≠ble for the con¬≠tents of such lin¬≠ked sites and no endor¬≠se¬≠ment is implied.
AMD, the AMD logo, EPYC, and com¬≠bi¬≠na¬≠ti¬≠ons the¬≠reof are trade¬≠marks of Advan¬≠ced Micro Devices, Inc.